Monday, October 31st
Peregian | Coolum | Yaroomba
Halloween is here, but don’t be spooked – we’ve listed some of the best ways to keep kids safe and not annoy the neighbours.
These tips for trick-or-treaters, parents and the community will ensure the spookiest night of the year goes off without being the scariest.
You are welcome to add your address to our Trick or Treat Guide. See below for details.
SAFETY FOR TRICK-OR-TREATERS
- Tell your parents or a responsible adult where youre going and what time youll be home. A grown-up should accompany little ones on Halloween night.
- Never enter anyone’s home even if they invite you inside. It’s important to stay on the doorstep. If there’s no answer, just walk away (no tricks).
- Be visible. Dark costumes can make it hard for drivers to see little ghosts and ghouls so always be careful when crossing the road.
- Stay with your friends. Don’t split into smaller groups unless an adult goes with you and carry a mobile phone in case of emergency.
- Remain in familiar well-lit areas in your neighbourhood and don’t take short cuts. Only cross the road at designated lights and crossings.
- Don’t knock on doors where there is a sign saying “No trick or treat here”.
- Under no circumstances should you get into a vehicle with someone you don’t know.
- Never eat Halloween candy without inspecting it first. Toss out anything without a wrapper.
- Use your manners
TIPS FOR HOUSEHOLDERS
- If you are participating, let people know. You dont have to cover your house top to bottom. Just stick a few decorations on your letterbox.
- If you want your address included in our Halloween street directory – complete the form below
- Only offer wrapped treats. Parents are (rightly) paranoid about treats from strangers. Make sure they are sealed and safe.
- If you have run out of treats (or dont feel like you can take anymore)… turn your outdoor lights off or stick up a politely worded note.
**Halloween Street Directory entries close at 3pm on Monday, 31st October.
- 116 The Avenue
- 112 The Avenue
- 10 Sandhurst Cres – Will be handing out Frosting Cakery mini cookies, first in first serve!
- 2 Stanwich Close
- Scribbly Gum Cct
- 5 Forest Ridge Cct
- 21 Forest Ridge Circuit
- 51 Forest Ridge Circuit
- 1 Curlew Way
- 32 Curlew Way
- 5 Lily Place
- 133 a Ridgeview drive
- 85 Ridgeview Drive
- 8 Shoal Court (Includes Sausage Sizzle)
- 89 Augusta Cct
- 13 Swift Place
- 15 Koel Circuit
- Gracemere boulevard
- 1 California Boulevard
- 10 Pelican street
11 Tradewinds Ave